How to Recycle Light Bulbs

Fluorescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs (commonly referred to as CFLs) contain varying amounts of mercury, which can be harmful if released into the environment. To properly dispose of them, bring them to:

  • Jed’s Hardware, 450 Main Street, Holden, MA. Styles of bulbs that can be dropped off are: 4 or 6 ft bulbs, compact fluorescents and HID, and U-shaped and circular. Street lamps and ballasts cannot be recycled through Jed’s.
  • Paxton Municipal Light Department, 578 Pleasant Street, Paxton, MA (Paxton residents only)
  • Any brand of CFL bought from any retailer can be put in a plastic bag and deposited in the orange collection units  at any Home Depot location.
  • Town of Sterling Department of Public Works, 171 Worcester Road, Sterling, MA (Sterling residents with Resident Stickers)
  • Wachusett Recycled Resource Center, Boyden Road, Holden MA accepts some fluorescent tubes for a fee.

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: